Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Perfect love drives out fear


I love you, LP. I knew full well how our relationship started, and where we are heading. The past - now - future all together is a complete package. Please believe in us, and entrust our path to God as He's our shepherd.

God brought us together, so that He can heal us through each other Psalm 147:3.

I know the past is taunting us now... like a shadow. I failed the temptation test... I let my own evil desire enticed me just like James wrote. I should have known better... Book of James was the very first book I bible studied on. I crossed the line and looked at the past without permission... I feel terrible about it.

Thank you my lovely little sister, she gave me a booster shot. She reminded me the very first bible verse that I learned about... 1 John 4:7-19. That was from the movie Fearless that I watched in Jan 20, 2007, the first time I stepped foot into my church.

"There is no fear in perfect love / 完全的愛,是沒有懼怕的。"

Ever since I watched the movie title Fireproof, I had a whole complete different understand of 1 John 4:19. It is my second most favorite verse, other than my life verse. I can very much so see the me-in-the-past in Caleb. The salvation scene was absolutely beautiful and IMHO -the best- part of the movie.

So I guess now other than everyone's common pick of 1 Corinthians 13, I will have to always remind myself so I can gather my strength from God's teaching, in 1 John 4:7-19 also.

I asked for God's sign ever since my departure. How friends & family were so happy and supportive about us... How Sunday sermon reminded me, that I have to walk His path to do the right thing... How Kar-Yee & Mervyns wedding showed me relationship will work out if it's in His plan. How Flora now boost me up with God's word... all and all... maybe I was just too deep in it that got blind sighted.

I was a bit bumped... and I prayed. It's like God's answering my prayer so very speedy! In a short time, 5 different friends/brother/sister MSN and call me saying "gratz on your new status". I mean, I've changed my status for over a week, and now suddenly all the greeting come the day that I need them... like a power energy drink!

I really like this quote "信心的考驗, 只有神的話語才能安慰人心, 有禱告就有力, 才能克服". And when I think about 交託, then I will almost always remember this Agnes's song.